By L.D. Britt, Donald D. Trunkey, David V. Feliciano
This e-book comprehensively offers the entire spectrum of surgical emergencies. those comprise trauma and non-traumatic acute surgical illnesses of the stomach, pelvic, and cardiothoracic organs in addition to the extremities, pores and skin and tender tissue, and head and neck. administration of surgical infections is additionally mentioned. this can be definitely the right reference textual content for surgical trainees in addition to working towards surgeons. Authoritative, finished, and simple, the textual content good points over forty chapters entire with case reports in addition to query and solution commentaries. The textual content is augmented by means of greater than 500 tables and illustrations.
Read or Download Acute Care Surgery: Principles and Practice PDF
Best critical care books
Up-to-date to mirror the most recent clinical advances and applied sciences within the analysis and therapy of pleural ailments, this new moment version explores the constitution and serve as of those ailments and malignancies, from tuberculosis and asbestos to pleurisy and pneumothorax. Edited via major overseas specialists in pulmonary medication, this finished advisor is a useful source for pulmonologists, radiologists, and important care physicians.
Instruction manual of ICU remedy presents swift entry to big info at the remedy of the seriously sick sufferer. It includes a sequence of 'cutting aspect' experiences of the main complex therapy innovations to be had within the glossy ICU. while assuming a simple wisdom of underlying stipulations, it still outlines key physiological rules the place invaluable, and significantly studies present literature and most sensible perform.
This quantity is a finished, state of the art assessment for clinicians with an curiosity within the peri-operative dietary administration of all surgical sufferers. The textual content studies common body structure, the pathophysiology of hunger and surgical stressors, and specializes in applicable dietary repletion for numerous universal sickness states.
This certain e-book offers an authoritative advisor to the scientific and surgical administration of complicated neurosurgical difficulties encountered within the serious care surroundings. It offers ordinary summaries of every degree of sufferer care, guiding the reader via preliminary evaluate, together with ordering definitely the right lab paintings, triage approaches, comparable to the way to deal with sufferers with multi-system accidents, and sedation and soreness administration.
- Trauma: Resuscitation, Perioperative Management, and Critical Care vol 1
- The Perioperative Medicine Consult Handbook
- Practical Issues Updates in Anesthesia and Intensive Care
- AACN Essentials of Critical Care Nursing (3rd Edition)
Extra resources for Acute Care Surgery: Principles and Practice
Decreases in organ blood ﬂows associated with increases in sublingual PCO2 during hemorrhagic shock. J Appl Physiol 1998; 85(6):2360–2364. 105. Marik PE. Sublingual capnography: a clinical validation study. Chest 2001; 120(3):923–927. 106. Povoas HP, Weil MH, Tang W, Moran B, Kamohara T, Bisera J. Comparisons between sublingual and gastric tonometry during hemorrhagic shock. Chest 2000; 118(4): 1127–1132. 107. Weil MH, Nakagawa Y, Tang W, Sato Y, Ercoli F, Finegan R, et al. Sublingual capnometry: a new noninvasive meas- 1.
101. Barquist E, Kirton O, Windsor J, Hudson-Civetta J, Lynn M, Herman M, et al. The impact of antioxidant and splanchnic-directed therapy on persistent uncorrected gastric mucosal pH in the critically injured trauma patient. J Trauma 1998; 44(2):355–360. 102. Ivatury RR, Simon RJ, Havriliak D, Garcia C, Greenbarg J, Stahl WM. Gastric mucosal pH and oxygen delivery and oxygen consumption indices in the assessment of adequacy of resuscitation after trauma: a prospective, randomized study. J Trauma 1995; 39(1):128–134.
6. Rhee KJ, O’Malley RJ, Turner JE, Ward RE. Field airway management of the trauma patient: the efﬁcacy of bag mask ventilation. Am J Emerg Med 1988; 6(4):333–336. 7. Mandavia DP, Qualls S, Rokos I. Emergency airway management in penetrating neck injury. Ann Emerg Med 2000; 35(3):221–225. 8. Sing RF, Rotondo MF, Zonies DH, Schwab CW, Kauder DR, Ross SE, et al. Rapid sequence induction for intubation by an aeromedical transport team: a critical analysis. Am J Emerg Med 1998; 16(6):598–602. 9. Wayne MA, Friedland E.
Acute Care Surgery: Principles and Practice by L.D. Britt, Donald D. Trunkey, David V. Feliciano